Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanna E (student)     19 February 2012

Married women right

Hi,

My granfather had 2 sons,2 daugthers.Both my aunts got married before 1985.My grandfather expired in 2006 without writing any will.Now my father is planing to sell a land which is self accuired by my grandfather.What will be my aunts share.Will their children also have right on this property.we are not in a joint family.We have seperated in 1994.

Can you  help me with this issue soon please...

Learning

3 Replies

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     20 February 2012

If you  are  Hindus ,all the   sons   daughters, mother  of the  deceased if alive   and  widow  if there be,  will get  equal shares  in the property left by your  grand father. you are not in a joint family. and  have seperated in 1994  is immaterial . the  children of your aunt  will also be entitled to  share of their mother 

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     20 February 2012

This is a good question.Thanks for the reply. And supposing there was will then only beneficiaries wud hv got the share.

Prasanna E (student)     20 February 2012

Thank u for the reply sir.We are hindus and we are from andhra pradesh.Actually a part of the land is being illegally occupied by our neibhouring landowner.We filed a case against and the case is not yet over and because of this we are unable to sell the land.My uncles(husband of my fathers sister) are pressuring us a lot and sending court notices to sell the land.What should we do now? I heard that recently a similar case was closed in hyderabad stating that such equal distribution to sons and daughters might lead to disturbances in the family and effect their relationship.Is it true?And in what situation is that valid?They also sent a notice asking for 1/5th of the share in my fathers self accuired land.We are planning to build a new house in that land.Will the government give permission for that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register