Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit   12 September 2024

Mistake in mtr form no. 6 e-challan

Hello Everyone,

I'm purchasing a flat and while making SDR payment, the advocate of the builder made a mistake in the Challan. In the 'Remarks (If Any)' section, he has mentioned wrong (inflated) market value of the flat.

Is it going to cause any trouble for me as a buyer?

Thank you!

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2024

This will certainly create a problem making you to pay more than the sale consideration amount, you  may first get it rectified.

Mohit   13 September 2024

Hi Kalaiselvan, thanks for your reply. But the amount paid is correct and so are rest other details like my name, etc. The section 'Remarks (If Any)' is I think a freetext section where the applicant (builder's advocate) can fill anything they want. So I was wondering how it's going to affect the amount paid or my Index-2?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 September 2024

You should correct the deed otherwise the sale will be incomplete. Since the builder has received lesser amount in accordance with the sale deed means he can claim the amount any time with interest and damages.

Either make a corrective deed or just take a receipt for the amount shown in deed stataing the amiunt is received in full and fianl 

Mohit   13 September 2024

Hi Abhay, thanks for your reply. This typo is in the Challan that's generated while filing SDR. Sale deed has not been executed yet. Builder's advocate says the amount will be correctly reflected in Index 2 and post that only we'll execute the sale deed. Although I'm still getting in writing from the Advocate about this error and I have duly paid my SDR charges.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register