LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh bhatia   09 August 2021

Mothers flat issue

Sir My Older brother carried construction for our building from the money which we had got by selling our fathers home , Now We all live in same building , My older brother is at 1 st floor , mother at 2nd and me at 3 rd , My brother had kept internal stair case connecting his flat and mothers without telling us about it , later when i asked he told that its done so that it will be easy to look after mother ,

My mother is getting good pension , and older brother is handling most of her money matters

after my mothers death without will , Does my Older brother will have possesion of mothers flat ? or it will be common property of all even if there is internal staircase , How we can claim rights on that , If my older brother manages to put his name on the property tax records then ?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 August 2021

Your mother dies intestate, her direct family is automatically entitled to her assets/house.  assets will be inherited by the next available relative and distributed equally.

mahesh bhatia   23 August 2021

Thank you Rama sir,

For your valuable views...

As per the reply if , in case my Older brother makes mother to create will mentioning to give flat to him then ...

Can the other beneficiary challenge it including her married daughter ?

Also , sir the entire building is constructed by my older brother from the money which we got from father's asset , so in that case doesn't it mean that all constructed property belong to everyone whose names are there on the plot records

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register