Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajnesh (CFO)     20 February 2012

Mutation of property in mcd

I bought a housing society flat in Delhi in the year 2000. I got it converted into free hold in the year 2004. I did not get the mutation done in the MCD records. I have been paying house tax every year in time.

Now, I have received a notice from MCD to get the mutation done. When I visited MCD office, the officer informed me that I have to pay 3% transfer duty at the current circle rate.

I want to know - do I need to pay this transfer duty when my flat is already free hold.

If I do not get the mutation done in MCD records and keep paying the house tax, what are the implications.

Regards

Rajnesh Khurana

Learning

1 Replies

samudrala (Advocate)     20 February 2012

if some one purchase the property and to enjoy for ever or to enable to get it salable condition its is must duty to get it mutated in your name i.e., on to the name of the purchaser in the event if u dont get it mutated on to your name if some time you like to sell it the purchaser will not get ready to purchase.  even if u try for some loan on the property the banker will not accept your title over the property ....... its just my opinion and cross cheque with other opinions and well wishers opinion too

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register