LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravana (Engineer)     12 May 2010

Property issue

Hi my father is a retired govt servant. During his service period, he uses to do business in my mother name by keeping her as proprietor for the same. All transition was done by him in name of my mother. Once retirement he became full time business man. He own three houses in his name. Right now he is not interested to continue the relationship with my mother and not willing to give any share in property  to my mother as it was bought from his saving even thought he use my mother name in business.

Please suggest whether my mother can get share on the property as the name was used in the business.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

regards

Kumar

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 May 2010

No. Because properties earned by your father are self acquired properties.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     12 May 2010

any person can bequeth his self acquired  properties as their wish

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     12 May 2010

She will get share in business. if she can prove the property is purchased by the profit of her business, she can claim that hte transactions of purchase were BENAMI TRANSACTIONS.and she is a real owener of the houses

Praveen Walia (Production Manager)     13 May 2010

My Father owned a Freehold DDA flat in Delhi. He died leaving the above flat in my name through an unregistered will. I have one sister only who is a citizen of USA. I would like to get the same transfered in my name. I came to know that by doing just mutation in MCD record this can be done. But I am skeptical about this as I want that in the long run no problems are developed from my sister side regarding the property. My sister is willing to give a NOC regarding the transfer of the property in my name. Do I need to go to the Sub-Registrar's office to get the transfer in my name rather then going to MCD office? Please advise and what is the procedure for getting the property transferred in my name.

Regards

Praveen

U.S.Moorthy (Sr.D.M)     13 May 2010

Kindly inform us  the position in case the original title deed to the property is lost.

what is the remedial action to be taken.

son1 (Secretary)     13 May 2010

Can wife has a right to residence and / or ownership on my self earned property acquired post marraige. We have not lived together in that property, but the property was bought post marraige. The property is in my solo name.

She has filed a 125 case against me, the proceedings have not yet started

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register