Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (-)     13 April 2014

Query on poa and sale agreement

I have the following two questions to the panel:

1. Can I give PoA for certain percentage of undivided share of a vacant piece of land ? I know normally it is done for apartments, but my query is specific to a vacant land.

2. Is an unregistered sale agreement between two parties valid, if doesn't have any witness signatures? Is it legally enforceable?

Appreciate your quick response.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

Giving commission or percentage or any remuneration to the POA will depend on the terms and conditions on which you appoint him/her as your power agent/attorney, no opinion can be given on this.  About the unregistered sale agreement, it is not legally enforceable.

Ramesh (-)     14 April 2014

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

Giving commission or percentage or any remuneration to the POA will depend on the terms and conditions on which you appoint him/her as your power agent/attorney, no opinion can be given on this.  About the unregistered sale agreement, it is not legally enforceable.

Dear Sir,

I would like to clarify on point #1. If I have a piece of vacant land, my question is whether I can appoint a Power agent for say 25% of undivided share of this vacant land. 

Secondly, please clarify whether 'any unregistered sale agreement is not legally enforceable' OR 'unregistered sale agreement WITHOUT witness signatures are not legally enforceable. I am from TN.

Best Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register