LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HIMANSHU NEGI   14 December 2015

Refund of registration of flat

I booked a flat in a pre-launch project  in ghaziabad. The registration amount of Rs six lakh was paid in november 2013 and was tentatively allotted  flat.

On july 2014, a demand cum service invoice was raised for an amount of Rs nine lakh  and the payment for the Same was made in 15 days.

what is a legal option for me get the refund of payment, as till date neither i have received an allotment letter nor any update on the project.  I have written series of mail to builder and on their advice sent application for refund thru registered post too. Now, the concerned people are not even picking my phone.

the registration form mentioned that

” for any reason whatsoever, if the company is not able to provide allotment for a period of 1 year from date of credit of application money then the company shall upon specific request of the applicant and completion of formalities shall refund the amount in full with simple interest @10% per annum with no further liability to pay any damages compensation in any form”.

kindly advice.

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 December 2015

Take the issue to the district consumer forum on grounds of deficiency in services on part of the builder

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register