LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhi   03 July 2024

Registration of FIR online under new criminal laws

I m from Mumbai and my complaint against builder for cheating and murder threats is not being registered due to hefty bribes.

How I can register Online FIR under new criminal laws. TIA

Learning

4 Replies

Syed Faraz Mehadi (Advocate)     03 July 2024

Visit this website and fill up the details Online Complaint | Mumbai Police 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 July 2024

Under the new criminal laws, an individual can report incidents through electronic means of communication without having to go to the police station. This will make reporting easy and quick, thereby facilitating prompt action by the police. (Section 173 of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS))

With the introduction of Zero FIR, any person can lodge an FIR at any police station, irrespective of jurisdiction. This will eliminate delays in initiating legal proceedings and ensure prompt reporting of crime. (Section 173 of BNS).

Victims will receive a free copy of the FIR, thereby ensuring their participation in the legal process. (Section 173 of BNS)

Victims have the right to receive regular updates on the progress of their cases within 90 days. This provision will keep victims informed and engaged in the legal process, thereby enhancing transparency and trust. (Section 193 of the BNS)

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 July 2024

Did you visit Mumbai Police site for registration of e-FIR.

Very well advised by expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan, nothing more to add.

You have posted similar hypothetical queries earlier as observed from your profile, some of them are:

posted a new topic in Forum Registration of FIR online under new criminal laws

posted a new topic in Forum Substitute of Administrator?

posted a new topic in Forum CHS NOT ACCEPTING LETTER! 

posted a new topic in Forum Is nominee absolute owner of property?

posted a new topic in Forum Ready Reckoner?

posted a new topic in Forum Can police refuse to give statement of compliment ?

posted a new topic in Forum Petition instead of Partition Suit for share in property?

More
Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=870064

What is your actual issue / dispute / problem for consideration and obligation of experts ?????? 

Siddhi   04 July 2024

Dr Vashista, Yes I keep asking help from learned lawyers who are doing good job with their considered opinions to help querists. You are one such soul. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register