LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.SAM.KUMAR (SERVICE )     30 May 2012

Restitution of conjugal rights

dear all. can any one brief me about restitution of conjugal rights, and its implecation, iff applied throgh court,  what will be the judgement, iff applied can lower court give chane to my wife to join me since she and my son are not staying with me. and  we both work and she is leaving in her mums house.

right now i would request some body to brief me about restitution of conjugal rights 

Learning

2 Replies

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     30 May 2012

Based on Application moved by you under S.9 of Hindu marriage act, the court issues RCR order in your favor directing your wife to join you and your society respecting your conjugal rights.  However it is not binding on her to come and join you. If she does not respond to court order court cannot do anything and if you wish to apply for divorce after one year from the date of order of RCR claiming that restitution of conjugal rights had not taken place subsequent to order made by court, you have fair chance of getting divorce decree in your favor.  She can also file for decree of divorce after one year saying restitution of conjugal rights had not taken place and she also has fair chance of getting divorce decree.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     30 May 2012

1. Once you filed the RCR, the copy of petition will be sent to respondent with the date this petition is taken for hearing by Hon'ble court.

2. Respondent and petitionnaire has to appear in front of the hon'ble judge on the date, if any one not appearing it wil be postponed to another date

3. As a first step, hon'ble judge will direct both petitioner and respondent to court counselling

4. Counselling might go for 3 to 4 times (approx 4 months)

5. Based on the counselling, judge will hear from both side and provide advice to both side

6. Based on the acceptance of both side, RCR will be granted (most cases, it will be granted)

7. But within a year time, respondent can file a petition to set aside the RCR coming out with new reason and he/she might need more time

The above procedure will take atleast 6-8 months, if both parties are present. If either of one absent, just add no of absent into no of adjournment. Your advocate can request court to provide the short date after 1 or 2 counselling is over. 

Regards

HK jain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register