Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayaruban (Deputy Manager)     04 August 2011

Sell father's property amongst disputes from brothers

Hi,

I'm urgently looking for some details regarding land disputes. 

I'm the eldest son in a family of 6 members. I have a mother who is a widow and my father has died 3 years back. 

We have a land in our father's name which our mother is interested in selling them. 

Among 6 of us, 4 members gave power of attorney to our mother giving her all rights in the property. 

But, 2 brothers are not in agreement to sell the land. 

Is there a way to sell the land without mutual consent from the 2 brothers who are quarelling. Please advise on this. I'm looking forward for an expert review. 

Based on the input provided, I would proceed further following up with any lawyer. 

One thing which myself and my mother want to know here is whether the land can be sold with mutual consent of 4 members without considering the 2 brothers. All 6 chindren are sons and daughter of my parents.

Kindly reply. 

Learning

1 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     05 August 2011

jayaruban according to hindu law the property which is ur father name and he expired the property is self acuired by ur father .all the sons and daughters and the widow wife get equal share of that property .if 4 sons r agree and 2 sons are not agree the 2 sons get there share of that property .no one can stop them .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register