LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aandavan adimai (consultant)     15 December 2013

Sexual harassment

I faced s*xual harassment in my workplace(software company)  from a big gang of coemployees,and the gang was led by two senior(mastermind) executives. On my complaint an Internal complaints committee (ICC) was formed.I had identified the masterminds in 12 emails to management. The ICC terminated the services of 3 other people of the gang and I was told that no action could be taken on two masterminds though found guilty as they had resigned. Actually the two masterminds were in service even a few days after the ICC hearing.

Very evidently, management and ICC did partially act and allowed a free walk for the masterminds. The crime by the two and those terminated remain same. So the management and ICC should have terminated the services of the two masterminds.

Is not Management and ICC responsible for not having punished the two masterminds? Is not there any punishment for ICC and management for willfully allowing free walk for the two masterminds? Whom should we complain about this injustice to the victim?

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     16 December 2013

had the Management and the internal complaint committee agreed in writing that the said two persons are guilty for causing s*xual assault upon you??? if yes, you need to lodge a complaint with the local police station for s*xual assault against those persons along with complaint against the company, its management and the members in the internal Complaint committee.

Regards

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register