Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stamp Duty on Power of Attorney Mumbai

Page no : 2

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     18 October 2013

Sir,

Power of Attorney has to be on a 100/- Rs. Stamp Paper and has to be notarized and adjudicated by the Controller of Stamps, Mumbai, for it to be used for signing any legal documents for administration of property, except sale or purchase deeds. Please refer my previous message for clarification.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

(Guest)

If you are living abroad then power attorney can be on plain paper and all you need is stamp from an Indian consulate on your power of attorney. 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     25 October 2013

Sir,

In case of a Non-Resident Indian, a power of Attorney has to be either on a 100/- Rs. stamp paper or on a plain paper franked for Rs.100/-, and duly stamped and verified by the Indian Consulate officer. For Maharashtra this POA has to be further adjudicated by the Collector of Stamps.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

selvakumar (Advocate)     28 October 2013

STAMP DUTY AND REGISTRATION MATTERS

Is it necessary to pay the Stamp Duty on document executed outside India, if it is to be used in Karnataka. My brother own some immovable properties in Mysore. But resides in Ahmedabad and executed certain document in Ahmedabad on payment of the Stamp Duty. Please inform if any stamp duty is payable on the said document to be used in Karnataka. Is there any jurisdictional restriction on registration of property. Please also inform whether my presence is necessary in the Sub-Registrar Office, as I am sick and cannot move out.

STAMPING AND EXECUTION

Who is to decide the proper Stamp Duty on any instrument incase of any doubts ?

Can document be stamped after signed by parties?

For More Details Please Click Here.....

https://www.selvakumaradvocate.com

amitraj   07 May 2015

Dear Kishore,

Are you sure about that? I am in the process of purchasing a property from an NRI and the person i am dealing with has a POA and i am getting mixed reviews regarding the same. ALso suggest some lawyer who is an expert in this field so that i can conclude this deal in a smooth manner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register