Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Bhat   14 September 2021

Stamp duty recovery notice without registry

I bought a flat from a builder and entered into an Allotment deed on 6th June 2013 but due to builder dues outstanding with authority the Registry was not allowed by authority (GNIDA) In 2019 partial registry started and I paid stamp duty on 7th May 2019 but due to some builder society NOC revoked the authority stopped the registry again for the flats in the society till date. Now the problem is that I received a call from collectorate office for stamp duty recovery with penalty and interest @1.5 % per month from 06-06-2013 till 2021 without considering the earlier Stamp duty payment in May 2019. The notice of recovery was issued in September 2019 which I did not receive as I was not in the city and worked some where else. My question is Is this demand for recovery of stamp duty fair? Am i responsible for such delay when the builder is not able to get registry due to their inability to pay dues to Authority (GNIDA) plz suggest and advice me on my next move on this issue. Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Kapoor   14 September 2021

no you are not... stam duty will only be paid when the agreement will be full and final done.. you have to make an application or if you have received a notice then you have to give a reply.... bringing in their knowledge about the situation and to cancel the stamp duty till registration....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register