LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash   12 September 2015

Tenant issue

Hi Sir, I am Prakash from chennai, i have let out my commercial property on rent in a prime location which is measuring around 900 Sqft. The Tenant is occupied from Nov 2012. which was renewed  every 11 month. The Agreement expired by 31st May 2015. The tenant has bounced the rental cheque several times and use to pay the rent only after the due dates after several reminders and never use to pay the electricity on time (Pays only once in 4 months). More over he has not paid the rent from  April 2015. On these Grounds i have sent him a letter for vacating the premises with 2 months additional notice period (Last date of 31st July 2015). After several time of discussions with him he not vacated the premises till date and he has filled a case on me with wrong allegations.

Please advise how to proceed with this matter.

Learning

7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 September 2015

file a eviction suit on him to remove him from the premises.what sort of cases had he filed on you

Prakash   12 September 2015

Thank You sir,

He has filled a case that he is not a defaulter in rent and paid the Electricity bills on time and claims to be a good person in the locality with good business relation ship with the customers and invested huge sum of money in the premises and More over he said that i am therettening him with Goondas and rowdies for vacating the premises.

(Guest)

can you prove that he had not paid electricity bill? is it a mandatory condition in the tenancy agreement? if yes, then add them in your reply. besides add the proof of default in rent. also add the proof of your good relationship with him. and let him prove the threatning with gundas.

file eviction suit.

digvijaysinh gohil   13 September 2015

Dear Sir, my self Digvijaysinh Gohil. my fathers live in a water tank building of co operative housing society from last 22 years. now the water tank is not in use. but our all family are living in it from 22 years. when we starting living here that time societies comity member give us written that the property is giving to us to live there . now society is telling us to relive this property. and we have no other residential option. our all documents licence election card are on that address. but light connection is disconnected by torrent power because bill not paid by society. now what can i do in this case ? guide me can i go to take any legal action? dig.gohil@gmail.com 7405989383

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     14 September 2015

Mr Praksh, give him legsl notice through a lawyer. Also file cases against him for dishonouring of cheques under N I Act.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     14 September 2015

Mr Gohil, the Society may have given you right to stay, but that that does not make you the owner of the same.

Prakash   14 September 2015

Thank you sir,

I have filled a RCOP for Eviction thru a advocate a month before. My advocate says that the RCOP has been filled and RCOP No has not been released by the court. How long it will take to get it filled and when will the case come into active.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register