LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JANARDHANAN   01 December 2017

Transfer of property

My late mother has a property in Kerala.  I have three brothers who all have consented to transfer the property in my name. The Document of Separation (Ozhimuri) giving the right of the property to me is registered at Sub-Registrar office.  But the Village Officer is of the opinion that I should always carry a Legal Heir Certificate, so that transfer/selling of the property at a later stage will be easy. The Village officer informed that since we are all located in Mumbai, we should obtain the Legal Heir Certificate from Mumbai itself.

Your advice is requested as to how to go about for obtaining a Legal Heir Certificate in Mumbai.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Approach Mumbai City Collectorate located at Old Custom House (GF) Mumbai-01. Fill up Form-1 & affix court fee stamps of Rs. 2/-. Submit following copies of documents along with the form:

• xerox copy of 1st and last page of ration card
  • affidavit stamped on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 20/- denomination.
  • death certificate 
  • service record. this can be obtained from the office where deceased last worked.

The certificate ought to be delivered within 15 days of making the application. However if you do not receive the certificate within that time frame, you may approach the Tehsildar.

For further queries you may contact me at: basu_kunal@hotmail.com. I shall be more than happy to help you out with your problem.

Regards

Advocate Kaybee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register