LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife threatens to withdraw her divorce petition.

She filed for divorce on grounds of impotency and mental problems but none of those are genuine reasons. It has been 1.5 yrs and court cancelled counselling because both were not present for any of counselling sessions, and given next date for reply filing. Now she threatens me to give her mutual divorce else she would withdraw divorce petition and not comeback. Is it possible to withdraw petition without the permission for respondent or will court allow such withdrawal without any reasons? If it happens how can I get divorce? Can I file defamation or any such suits? Can I ask the court not to allow she to withdaw peition and give me a chance to prove myself?

Learning

4 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     04 July 2010

whats the threat? she filed divorce, that means she wants it. If u also want, go for mutual consent divorce. If u don't want, let her withdraw her petition. I couldn't understand what do u want?

(Guest)

I'm not ready for mutual divorce bcoz I want her to proceed the case and get me sent for medical checkup from court. So as I can take legal action against her for filing case on such false grounds.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 July 2010

yes good.

let her withdraw the divorce petition.

but it is now recorded that she publicly tell you impotent.

it is providing you the cuuelty ground, as well as a case of defemation.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     06 July 2010

Good suggession by Gupta ji. Let her withdraw it and it shall provide you ground for mental cruelty as well as defamation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register