LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Kumaran (Others)     14 January 2016

X party divorce appeal process

If I am getting x party divorce order in a trial court, how can my x wife reappeal it?

Can she reappeal it in some other local court? Or she has to go to high court? I mean, my case was happening in my native and if I get x party divorce. Can she reappeal in my district court? or she has to go to high court?

Can she reappeal after 90 days also?

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 January 2016

Yes after the order of ex-parte divorce yourwife can anytime appear in the trail court move application under Order 9 Rule 13 CPC for setting aside decree of divorce. No time frame for moving the setting aside application but the respondent wife will be required to show and satisfy the court as to why she was unable to defend the petition for divorce even after she was served with court notice.

The appeal in the High Court against the district court order granting decree of divorce to you can always be second option for your wife but in that case too she will be required to show and satisfy the High Court that the trail court committed apparent error of law while deciding the divorce petition in your favor. In appeal the ex-parte evidence that was not contested by you cannot be challeged but the error of law committed or ignored by the trail court will always be open for the respondent wife, 90 days is time period within which appeal should be filled but any delay in this can also be got condoned by moving application for condonation of delay by siting relavant reason for the same.

The trail Family Court usually allows the setting aside application under order 9 rule 13 CPC in most cases thus allowing the respondent spouse to bring on record his/her case defending the divorce petition the trail Family Court.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 January 2016

Its not reappeal ,but appeal.Rightly suggested by the above expert.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 January 2016

In case you get exparte decree in your favour your wife can file an application within 30 days against the divorce decree in the same court and can re open the case, if she fails to do so she can move to high court for an appeal within 90 Days from the decree of divorce passed and get the case re open .

oxy (mba)     21 January 2016

1)if she does not appeal in high court in 90 days what will happen.

2) i noticed in most courts.. if some file a case against a person in one court.. they file same case in different court and the court takes it up..

Rajesh Kumar (studient)     24 January 2016

Property went experte

What is this Contested--Decreed With Costs ?

Contested means the other party can challenge the decree any time? is there any time limit?

The other party didn't attend to court in the whole process.

Antibiotic (Free Lancer)     28 January 2016

"If, if, if, if.  Please stop this if business.  Stop contemplating."

We must understand that people coming here to take guidance/advices are not subject matter experts. Most of them are under stress. You all are from this field and experts. You must be seeing lot of such matters and it has become a routine. Lets be humble and understand that the person needs suggestions not of directions or frustrations.

If I cannot sooth someone’s Mind/Situation, I should not either bother them with my reactions/words.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register