LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh desai (commission agent)     22 December 2009

Can Lift be Installed in 4 story blgd

Our Society Located in Mumbai, having Four story Building having no Lift provision for last 20 years. Recently Forth floor members approached society for installing lift. however Installing lift for the benefit of 3rd and 4 th floor members may cause burden by way of increase in taxation, maintenance charges , may block natural day light and air ventilation.

Can any one inform me whether we can stop installation of lift? Secondly can society passed resolulation by majority which can increased monthly contribution of members who are not going to be benefited.

Learning

2 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     23 December 2009

Sir, according to corporation by laws, it is necessary to have a lift in the buildings of above two floors. I dont know how you people avoided it for 20 years ! And maintenance and other expences have to be borne by the society members even if they are never going to use the lift.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     23 December 2009

There are hundreds of buildings in Mumbai with 4 storeys and no lifts. I think it is not 2 storey bldg that must have lifts. My own society has 5 wings - 4 with 6 storeys having lifts and 1 wing with 4 storeys and no lift.

If the majority of members have decided to instal the lift and BMC permits it considering the layout, health hazard, escape route, you cannot possible obstruct the installation. How can you say that it is for the benefit of residents of 3rd and 4th floors? Lift will be used by all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register