Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep g (_)     06 May 2015

Carpet area calculation

Hi Experts,

I have recently purchased a luxury flat with a very reputed builder (NSE Listed) in Maharastra. The super built-up area of the flat was 1961 sq. ft. and i made payment according to this size.

I understand this was super built-up area and the actual flat area will be smaller. The flat includes Terrace balcony and some small balconys. The agreement and the registry has mentiones that the "Carpet Area of 1420sq.ft.". I belived this is the area that I will get within the flat and excludes the area of terrace and other balcony. I have already done the registry in 2014 and the possession is by Oct 15 .

However now they have sent a simple letter saying that :

Subject : Descripttion of the carpet area mentioned in your registered Agreement for sale

This is to clarify the bifurcation of carpet area mentioned in clause no. 15 & clause no. 05 on page no. 05 & 08 respectively & Schedule B on page no. 36 of your Agreement for sale registered dated 10.10.2013 towards unit no. <flatno> admeasuring 131.92 Sq. Mtrs. (1420 Sq. Ft.) of carpet area which is actually a total usable carpet area and an aggregate of 

• Pure Carpet area of 104.39 Sq. Mtrs. (1123.683 Sq. Ft) or thereabout plus

• a further usable area of 27.52 sq. Mtrs. (296.317 Sq. Ft) 

which shall include balconies, ledges, etc. on the 15th floor of the said Building to be known as TowerXX

Therefore, this letter is to inform you that the area should henceforth be read as total usable carpet area instead of carpet area and same letter should be attached to the existing agreement and mentioned carpet area in the letter shall be referred hereafter. 

This sounds unfair because i was under impression that carpet area does not include the terrace and balcony. The wordings in my registry is as follows. 

Flat No. XX admeasuring 131.92  sq. meters carpet area (equivalent to 1420 sq. ft. carpet area) situate on the 15th floor, in the Tower known as Tower XX in “Project Name” situate, lying and being on the property more particularly described in the Schedule A referred to hereinabove.

In the agreement there is only mention of Carpet area as 1420. It does not even mention the Super Built-up area based on which i made the payment. Also the flat dimensions are not mentioned in the agreement.

Do you think this is a issue or have i misunderstood anything?

Please let me know your suggestions.

Many Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Eliana Lucy   28 March 2023

If you want to Exactly Calculate your Carpet. this guide can really help you: Calculate Your Carpet Area Guide

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register