Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Curious (Manager)     08 January 2012

Claims on property under pagdi system

Hi,

Need some legal help regarding ancestral property under Pagdi System. Here are the details:

1. My grandfather rented a property in Mumbai suburb in 1964. My father paid Rs. 4000/- out of Rs.8000/- Pagdi at the time. My father has a passbook of this entry but the payment was done in cash. So, in some sense, it cannot be proved that my father paid half of the pagdi amount. But, the receipt was in my grandfather's name.

2. My father has 4 siblings. My grandfather died in 1970 and my grandmother in 1995. They both never had a will.
 One of my uncle hardly worked during his lifetime and was financially supported by my father for a long time. He continued to stay in this house while other siblings moved out of the property.

3. We came to know in 1997 that my uncle transferred the rental in his name without knowledge of my dad. The rental receipt was in his name. Obviously, no NOC was taken from my father or my uncle has forged the document or cut a nasty deal with the landlord (who also is our relative).

4. The old property is being destructed now and they are bulding a new tower. All the tenants have been offered a new flat in the new tower which would easliy cost 1.5 crores. It means my uncle would get the property of 1.5 crores without any hard work and which actually belongs to all siblings. (May be 50% to my father who paid 50% of the initial pagdi).

4. My father is 70 years old now. He was hurt by this but never thought of going to the court. Due to some recent happenning, he feels that he should fight for his rights.

- What are the chances of winning this case?
 - Would the benefit be 20% of the new property (divided in 5 parts) or 20% of Rs 8000/- equivalent amount as of today?
 - How many years it would take to fight this case? How much would it cost?

We are very much interested in proceeding with this. Interested lawyers, please contact me at puruhere2000@yahoo.com with you contact details.

Regards,

Curious

Learning

1 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     08 January 2012

It will be lengthy court battle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register