LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash Chhabria   18 October 2018

court marriage

what is the procedure of court marriage without parents and which documents required, and boy lives in Ulhasnagar and girl lives in Kalwa where they go for court marriage and which documents required please inform details and total how much witness required from both sides

Learning

10 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     18 October 2018

Persons who are getting married should not be in another marriage.

The bridegroom should be of twenty-one (21) years and bride should be of eighteen (18) years of age.

Both of you should be of sound mind to give a valid consent for the marriage.

Both of you should not fall in the degree of prohibited relationship.

You have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district (in the place that both of intend to live after marriage) in which at least one of you should have resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given. 

After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published by the registrar, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.

The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.

Both of you along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.

Fill the application form in the prescribed format and pay the prescribed fee.

Provide Passport Size Photographs of both of you together (check the format and usually any photo studio can provide you with that).

Date of Birth Proof of both of you has to be produced (PAN card, Passport, Aadhar Card etc.,)

All the three Witnesses have to produce their residential Proof and PAN Card.

Incase any one of you was married before then either death certificate of the partner or divorce decree of the previous marriage has to be produced.

Wait for the Marriage Certificate's entry and is grant of it by the Marriage Registrar.

We give notice before one month and where the notice will publish in social media or in news paper or in media, if we don't want that notice came at our home the. What we do tell me the procedure of intented marriage notice we don't want any notice come to boy and girl's home

The marriage officer will display the notice in his office at a place where it is visible.

He also needs to forward the notice to both of your declared residential address (you may provide a different address in case you want to avoid it being sent to your "home" and provide the above mentioned proof of address confirming your residence in that place).

After display of the notice in the above manner, the compulsory waiting period of 30 days begins.

Anyone can object to the marriage within this period. But, the objection should be as per the Act and the eligibility conditions. 

Any person who believes that the marriage violates one or more eligibility conditions, as mentioned above, can object to it. 

If there is no objection to the marriage within 30 days of publishing the above notice, the marriage officer can grant the marriage.

Ok now I am 21 running and my gf is 27 running I will complete 21 yrs in Nov 15 2018 so I can send notice after 15 Nov 2018 , there will be no objection on that right?? And if we provide another address but our Aadhar card is on our house address

Yes to the first question.

Both of you may want to avoid giving documents for which you do not want the notice to be sent.

Ok but where they send notice so which documents required

Mark sheet of 10th standard of both of you with the date of birth mentioned on it.

You can submit documents like Ration Card, Aadhar card, Passport, Voter's ID, Driver's License or a report from the local SHO of the nearest police station.

We have docs Aadhar card Pan card Leaving certificate It is sufficient ??

It should be sufficient.

Visit the marriage registrar office in person and find it out.

Thank you for all information please help me little, that we don't want notice at our home what we do , can I give my brother in law address to send notice over there on my brother in law documents, bcoz, I don't have my Aadhar card on my brother in law address ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register