LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annu (director)     04 December 2011

Develepor/collaboration agreement(unregistered)

validity of unregisterd developer agreement:-

I want to know the validity of an unregistered developer/Collaboration agreement.I am the builder/Developer of a multistoried apartment project which is complete.the developer/collaboration agreement has an attachment in the form of partition deed wherein the flat no's of respective share of landowner and builder are shown .Above agreement and partition deed says that "Once the project is complete both parties become exclusive owner of their respective share of flats and both the parties can sell their share of flat/s independently." The land owner has sold out his complete share without having the signature of builder/developer. My question now is:- 1. can i now sell my share of flats with my (developer/builder)signature if the land owner refuses to sign. 2.if the collaboration agreement is not registered wud it be legitimate for me to sell my share of flats without the landowners signature.

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 December 2011

Redevelopment agreement is covered within the parameters of Contract Act.

An Agreement pertaining to immovable property has to be mandatorily stamp-duty paid plus registered to be lawfull valid.  Else any such agreement is null & void.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register