Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karan (-)     18 August 2014

Disproportionate assets case

Hi,

My father has been charges with disproportionate assets case (under prevention of corruption act) , the FIR was registered and he is out on bail from last one year as there is no chargesheet which is been filed yet. I have the following query for which i need answers from this forum

1. once the chargesheet is filed , will he again get arrested or the earlier bail will work for him

2. do we need to apply for the bail again post chargesheet

3. how do we get good lawyer for such case as here CA and other mathematics is there need good lawyer in Nagpur who has fought such cases earlier

4. typically how much time will it take for case / trial to start once chargesheet is filed

5. do we need to instantly file for non guilty once the chargesheet is submitted

6. how do we get the chargesheet copy

7. how will we know chargesheet is getting filed, will court or the IO will inform us

8. what kind of procedure my dad needs to go through during chargesheet and during trial

it will be great help if somone can reply to those....

thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 August 2014

once charge sheet is submitted in the court by police, you will get court summons to attend court trial. the date and time will be mentioned on summons. accordingly your father has to attend. The matter will decide by the courts. 

karan (-)     23 August 2014

he is already on bail, but he has been called on the chargesheet filing day by the investigating officer.... do we need to again reapply for bail.....

or there is no procedure for arrest again....

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     23 August 2014

He will not be arrested again after charge sheet. He will continue to be on bail after charge sheet.

Starting of trial depends on the pendency in the trial court, and it differs from court to court. May begin immediately or may take some years also.

It is not necessary for you to file any discharge application. It is only optional and that too if you feel that there is no case made out against you in the charge sheet.

Copy of the charge sheet will be supplied to you by the police on their own, since it is mandatory to supply copy of charge sheet and statements of witnesses and other documents to the accused persons.

After charge sheet, charges are framed by the court and then evidence of witnesses will start.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register