LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VJVJVJVJVJ (Professional)     15 September 2010

Divorce

My friend is married 4 months ago. Since day one his wife has been harrassing him by her very odd behaviour. She even told so many lies to him. She did so many things which he had opposed her. Without my friend consent she started going to job which he had strongly opposed. My friend is NOT interested in pursuing this relationship further. In his home all are of the opinion that her behaviour is such that she will never adjust to him and she will keep on doing such things and harrass him to serve her purposes and it is better to dissolve marriage. My friend is also of the same opinion. However, her relatives are threatening my friend and my friend's relatives against dire consequences. Please advice me how to avoid restitution of conjugal rights petition and 498a case against me by her. Also what is the course if she is unwilling for mutual consent divorce.

Learning

2 Replies

Self service (None)     15 September 2010

Four months are too less and every one need some time for adjustment. BUT as you said her parents are threatening on 498A etc in 4 months instead of advicing her in right direction. You should be ready for any adverse condition.

First thing don't do any thing wrong from your side. Involve some other people about her behavior so later they can witness form your side. Track communcation date time etc if possble record threats give by her parents.

Inform Sr police officer of your area a written information about her behaviour and threats. Any way these are just precautions defiently such marriages will go no where consult with local lawyer for further action.

JUST ONE thing do not surrender to her demands and threats you are in wrong relation ship better to stress for few years then whole life.

Self service (None)     15 September 2010

Do not worry about RCR as this is nothing if you dont want to live no one can force you. If she want to do job and she was working before then its her right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register