LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BALAJI   12 February 2016

Divorce and 498a

My wife left matrimonial home and staying away from me from past 2 years 4 months. Intially, I appiled for divorce in our city family court. Then She put 498a case on me and my family. Finally after much struggle and other mediations there was an agreement made between both parties. The agreement is that I have to withdraw the divorce case and then she will compromise on 498a. And there after she shall file a seperate divorce petition in her village and I had to be ex-parte. They are not at all agreeing for mutual divorce. Moreover, We also put money in a joint account which has to be given on clsoing day of 498a after the 3 months observation period. Now the issue is that the 3 months period is over but they are not coming for closing of 498a. Also, they are making delay for the divorce petiton. Recently we ourselves pushed it for numbering through other third party and it got numbered. They also did not provide proper address and so I could not get the summons also till now. Now my questions are 1. Can I get a certified copy of the petition she filed from court authorities? If so, what is the process and application format? kindly let me know. 2. Once I get the certified copy, should I inform to the Court about the knowledge of petition. How can I let the judge know this? Is there any process or application for the same? This is to save time. 3. And on the day of hearing, can I give a written letter to Judge saying objections on allegations written in petiton by her but I don't have any objection for divorce decree and pray for the decree to be passed. Will the Judge accept the same? Is there any format for the same. Kindly provide me the answers to these points. Thanks,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register