Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik Kenia   19 September 2024

Echallan problems

sir,

I have Business in Mumbai where I give own Buses and Cars on rent. Police officers randomly take photo of vehicle and upload on Echallan website and fine is shown ranging from Rs. 200 to Rs. 4000. Some may be genuine but majority are only for completing their target and some are even for their joy (I strongly beleive this). They stop vehicle and ask to pay old fines which are 2 to 3 or may be 4 to 5 years old by threating to seize the vehicle. I am getting Notices from courts all over Maharashtra and it is not possible to attend each and every case for these mere fines. I pressume there is Supreme Court ruling that case must be filed in the court within 6 months of so called offense.
Can I have someone who can guide me in this matter.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2024

It is a serious offence if we fail to pay an e-Challan fine in India within 60 days from the date of issue. A traffic police officer will visit the offender to try and collect the penalty from their address. If the fine remains unpaid, then they will be summoned to court

Failure to pay within the specified period may result in additional penalties.

It is fine collected under the law and you'll have to pay that fine in court itself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register