Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

judicial_help (Software Engineer)     16 August 2013

Employer sending notice for f&f recovery

Dear Sir,

I was employed with a software company for past 3.8 years.

Last year, they sent me on an external training on a specialized skill, and told me that I would need to sign a bond of 3 lakhs for a duration of 2 years for the same. They made me sign a printed page with these details, but was not having any legal stamp on it.

Due to family issues, I was forced to resign the company couple of months back without serving the full bond period.

They handed me over the Relieving letter, but told that F&F settlement and experience letter would be sent within 45 days. I did not receive either of them till date.

Now, they have sent me a notice and a follow-up via registered A.D. stating that I need to pay the recovery amount in the F&F settlement(they have included the training amount in it as a recovery) amounting nearly 2.5 lakhs, failing which they would initiate action against me as advised.

Request dear members to kindly advise me as to how to proceed, as financially I am not in a position to pay this amount right now.

Can my non-payment cause them to take any serious legal action against me ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2013

After signing the bond for how long you have worked with this company?

It appears that the company has demanded the amount on Pro rated basis however it may have to prove the amounts and expenses………………………!!!

If the company has issued relieving letter it may go in your favor however let your lawyer see it and opine finally.

Relieving letter signifies that employee has been properly relieved, and nothing is de at the end of employee. Usually the period of work is also stated in relieving letter and it should suffice as experience certificate as well.

You may show the offer letter, appointment letter, bond, copy of resignation, relieving letter, Notice/legal notice , FNF statement in which company has included the training amount in it as a recovery…………………………..to a competent and experienced service lawyer, give inputs in person, understand the merits and proceed under expert advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register