LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh (Manager IT)     23 August 2011

Epf avoided for 10 years

I am working for IT firm for 9 years.We have team of 40 people in our firm.Even though limited firm company never registered with authorities till 2010 july.(Company incorporated in 1999) right from the begining  we have more than 25 people.Company registred under companies ACT 1956.

We lodged a complaint with EPF authorities,then only registration code allotted and coverage given only from Jan2010.Later keeping pressure on EPF authorities by proving with income tax records pushed to 7A enquiry.Finally in March 2011 EPF authorities prephoned to coverage from  2006 July.

Simply rejecting as quoting the clause" excluded employee"(drawing more than 6500) avoiding the EPF .

Now we need clarifications:

1.PF commisioner replied to RTI letter with rate of applicability is 12%, but same time in written letter he quoted all the employees drawing more than 6500/- so company no need to pay the PF.How far it is correct.

2.PF commisioner showing 7 lakhs penality kept for organization, if all are drawing more than 6500 whta is need of keeping the penality.

3.Asst PF commisioner issued slip for accounting year 2009-10 itself balance in my account just 2000.how this is justified.

4.Declined to give minutes of meeting of 7A and as on date failed to give account deatils(how much money held in the account)

Any one pls suggest me how to get quick justice and my basic salary 32,000.Intial salary 6700 at the time of joining.

If drawing more than 6500 is not eligible for EPF, if this is the rule all indian companies never pay the EPF.

Thanks for your kind help in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2011

you appear to have been covered un EPF scheme before you started getting 6500.  You could not be denied pf benefit.

7A proceedings can be received under RTI and you can decide furtre course therafter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register