LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vanraj (Highway Engineer)     16 April 2013

Gratuity related

sir, i have completed 5 year in one organization. But i have taken leave LWP in 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, & 5th year then i am eligible for gratuity.

Learning

3 Replies

advocate praveen (prop.)     16 April 2013

Dear,

LWP, how much u avail?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 April 2013

It is believed that your 

You may refer to:      

Section: 2A
Continuous service.

For the purposes of this Act, -

(1) an employee shall be said to be in continuous service for a period if he has, for that period, been in uninterrupted service, including service which may be interrupted on account of sickness, accident, leave, absence from duty without leave (not being absence in respect of which an order [***] treating the absence as break in service has been passed in accordance with the standing order, rules or regulations governing the employees of the establishment), lay off, strike or a lock-out or cessation of work not due to any fault of the employee, whether such uninterrupted or interrupted service was rendered before or after the commencement of this Act.

2.(a) for the said period of one year, if the employee during the period of twelve calendar months preceding the date with reference to which calculation is to be made, has actually worked under the employer for not less than -

(i) one hundred and ninety days, in the case of an employee employed below the ground in a mine or in an establishment which works for less than six days in a week; and

(ii) two hundred and forty days, in any other case;

Attached File : 742525367 paymentofgratuityact(1).doc downloaded: 124 times

vanraj (Highway Engineer)     17 April 2013

1st year LWP taken - 10 day

2nd year LWP taken - 8 day

3rd year LWP taken - 8 day

5th year LWP taken - 5 day

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register