Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sruthi (Engineer)     04 August 2011

How to file form 16 from first company separately

Hi,

I am a software employee. I have worked in Company A from April 2010 to Sep 2010 and moved to other Company B. In Company A my taxable income was 130,580.00 and in company B the taxable income was 168390.00. Both the companies did not deduct any Tax. Now when I checked both form 16s, I came to know that i have to pay tax upto 12,000. But the executive has suggested me not to produce first form16 and filed only the second one. Later I came to know that it will create a problem and decided to pay the tax totally.

But now the question is, Can I file only first Form16 alone? won't it cause a problem? Any one of u please suggest me.

Learning

5 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     04 August 2011

You need to file your IT return and not the form-16. The Return should be filed for the consolidated Income from both the employers. In case you filed a return including the income from just one employer to evade the tax liability it is wrong and IT deptt has full information as the employers do file Quarterly returns with IT deptt including PAN wise details of employees so your both employers would have filed a return giving details of amounts paid to you and your return would not match with theirs.

Idle way is to file a revised return with the Income tax department including the income from both the employers and pay the tax that was due along with the interest as applicable that would solve your problem.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 August 2011

It is better to file IT return using form No:16 by using both form NO:16

Sruthi (Engineer)     06 August 2011

Thanks Sanjeev,

I am ready to pay the tax.  Can u pls let me know how to pay the tax using revised return.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     06 August 2011

The revised return can be filed by you now first compute your tax liability consolidating the income from the two form-16. You will find a column in your form-16 that would read as "Income Chargeable under the head Salaries' this would be the net amount after some deductions consolidate this columns Income from both Form-16 and calculate the tax. If you have some difficulty calculating the tax use the attached excel fill in some details and select the calculate tax button and it will show your tax liability.

These days self filing is very easy you can file your tax return yourself by registering your PAN at the link below:

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/login.do

Once you calculate the tax liability pay it online at the link below Selecting Self Assessment tax option using Net Banking of any bank. Dont forget to fill in your PAN number. Once filled the tax file your returns stating the details of the tax paid by you.

Attached File : 115844 200679 14 copy of 2011 itr1 r7.xls downloaded: 125 times

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 September 2011

Why paying tax remember to mention the correct Assessment Year. The form for revised return is same as the one for original return. You will have to give particulars of the original return in the space provided for in the return form.. It is necessary that you file the revised return before assessment based on original return is completed. Nowadays with computerization  these are very fast.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register