LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam Dongre (Advocate)     04 July 2013

Introspect.

Hello to all the respected legal colleagues.

I was referred to this site by one of my colleagues a few days back. Before signing up here I observed this site silently for a few days. While initially I found this site to be a good platform for interaction amongst lawyers but later on it transpired that 99% of the posts here are in the from of questions asked by the litigants or prospective litigants and answered by the lawyers who are members of this site. In my humble opinion this amounts to free legal service which does not augur well for the legal profession. We graduate as lawyers, like other professionals, to make a livelihood out of legal practice. The attempt by the litigants and prospective litigants on this site to cull out free legal advice for themselves is worth deprecating. Is it not apposite that a person who is in the midst of a legal dispute should visit the chamber of a lawyer and seek legal advice by paying his consultancy fees just as he would pay the fees of a doctor should a medical emergency befall him. In the least, is it not incumbent that before giving such free online advice to those who claim to be financially incapable of spending on the fees of a lawyer the financial status of the querist should be ascertained by requiring him to provide his last salary slip.

I think there is a lot that some lawyers here need to introspect.

Warm Regards,

Advocate Gautam Dongre

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     04 July 2013

Good observation and suggestion

SAM (LEGAL)     04 July 2013

In my opinion this is a legal website which provides information to the litigants who are lay man and do not know head or tail of law & its procedures. Some lawyers who are new and fresh in this profession do not have full knowledge of law & its procuders and practice in courts. I think in my opinion this is the best website to acquire more information in law. Suppose even if we give free legal advise to any person, then in that case we are doing it for the community as a whole and for the sake of humanity and not only for money

SAM (LEGAL)     04 July 2013

Dear Lawyers, We request you to kindly give advise to all the people whether it be free or paid and it is out duty to do so for the sake of Humanity and not to run only after money

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register