LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     08 February 2013

Lawyer without law degree - is it possible?

Hi everybody, Can anyone tell? --- To get a law degree certificate, is it necessary to get admission in any law college or universitry? There are so many coching center who are providing law classes, after two three months of training, can they provide law degree certificate from any college or university? Is this certificate valid? I know one person who attended one coaching classes for three months and got a law degree certificate from the coaching center. With that invalid certificate he got membership of bar council of India. Now he is practicing as an advocate. Please reply these for the information of all concerned. Thanks Robin

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

According to 'Advocate Act 1961', “law graduate” means a person who has obtained a bachelor’s degree in law from any University established by law in India.

You must have a bachelor degree in law for being an adocate.

Advice-  Don't get carried yourself away by such fake advertisements by coaching centers.

For More information,read the attached file.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Attached File : 607761522 bcirulespartiv.pdf downloaded: 119 times

Robin Mahato (Businessman)     09 February 2013

Dear Sumitra,

I know adovate must have attendance in any law college  for 3 or 5 years of study. Everybody knows that. Can you tell me if any advocate get his law degree certificate by giving money only, can he be called as an advocate? Can he be eligble to enroll in State Bar Council?

In this case this advocate must be called as fraud advocate. What will be the disciplinary action against him? What will be the punishment for him?

Thanks and regards,

Robin Mahato

(Guest)

@Querist,

I think you are a very scholar person since your reply suggests that. Let me reproduce some of your statements from your previous messages in this thread.

Message 1:

Can anyone tell? --- To get a law degree certificate, is it necessary to get admission in any law college or universitry?

Message 2:

I know adovate must have attendance in any law college for 3 or 5 years of study. Everybody knows that.

Advice- First make your mind up about what you know and what you don't know.Then only ask queries here next  time.

Information- Obtaining any certificate/degree by illegal means amounts to fraud. Bring such fraud activity(in particular to this case) in the notice of concerned bar council where he got his enrolment.Punishment will depend on the circumstances and fact of the case along with the displinary action(which i can't predict) by BAR COUNCIL.

Hope that clarfies your concern

Note-This reply should be considered as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register