Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Bhardwaj (Govt. Service)     01 August 2011

Ltc for govt. employees

Sir,

I am working with a Delhi University College.  All Central Govt. rules are applicable on us.  I have took an advance for LTC and booked my Indian Airlines Tickets from a Travel Agent.  As the journey was from 01/01/2011 to 06/01/2011.  But due to the postpone of my son's exam. from dec. 2010 to Jan. 2011, I have also postpone my jounery to 21/01/2011.

When I have received my new tickets on 03/01/2011 and I have submitted the same with my office.  On 04/01/2011 my office has told me that a circular has received from central govt. that there are only 2 authorised Travel Agents for booking of tickets fro LTC.  Prior this the office has not inform any  thing.

In the month of October 2010, One of my colleague has also booked his ticket from any other Travel Agent and his case was resolved.

But now my office is told me that your case is not allowed and return the amount taken as Advance for LTC.

Please let know can I file a case against this.  Any body can help me, kindly send your details, so that I will talk to you.

Please respond as early as possible.

Thanks

Atul Bhardwaj

Mob. No. 9953501321

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Atul,

Authorised Travel Agents are normally meant only for booking of tickets for official tours, not for private/ LTC journeys by individuals, unless specifically mentioned by the authorities. So, you better check the language of the circular letter autorising travel agents. So, it should not be compulsion for you to book only the officially nominated travel agents. You may therefore represent appropriately to the authorities concerned before you decide for filing any case. They may, if they like, can deduct the amount equivalent to the commission  as the agents may be granting to the Government while allowing you the travel fare.

Atul Bhardwaj (Govt. Service)     08 August 2011

Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

Atul Bhardwaj

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     09 August 2011

I agree with Mr.Dhingra.  Yes you can file a case.

Glynis (AM)     10 September 2011

As per the OM dated 16 september 2010 clause iv under LTC ‘Air Tickets may be purchased directly from Airlines (at Booking counters / Website of Airlines) or by utilizing the services of Authorized Travel Agents viz. M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company, M/s Ashok Travels & Tours and IRCTC. Pl clarify whether air tickets can be purchased from websites like ‘makemytrip.com, yatra.com’ etc as I have already booked my ticket on makemytrip.com . Secondly rate of ticket is the same if booked on makemytrip and directly on the website. Service fee of Rs 250/- is applicable only if it is cancelled. Do I need to cancel the ticket and book new one?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register