Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aadi Shivan   03 August 2021

Member of CHS Pune Maharashtra

Hello,
I want to join my society committee as member for betterment of it. And for that I have been added in sub-committe (unofficially). When asked on why not officially. Then i have been told that there are some builder amount (50k) due on my name which is of maintenance (before society formation and handover).

I would like to know whether this statement can be a cause of stopping me from being part of CHS sub-committe (officially).

Please note that:

1. No outstanding amount of mine on society. All maintenance paid on time.
2. For dispute amount, I am already chasing with builder over email.but no response. And now sending legal notice before proceeding with court case.

Kindly suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2021

Being defaulter your name might have been ignored from inclusion in the sub-committee, which is presumed but fact is known to the society / yourself.

However, it is not a legal dispute/ problem / issue for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 August 2021

Focus on the main issue of settlement with the builder, being a member of the subcommittee is not going to bring you any additional benefits.  It can be taken up at a later date, as societies have such bye-law stating that default maintenance charges from owners disqualify them for the office bearer's posts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register