Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manisha (designer)     16 June 2013

Minor

Hello ,

I got divorced by mutual consent 3 months back and am having the full custody of my  child with no visitation rights to the father.

1- I need to change the surname of my child. What is the procedure ? child is a minor, and his schooling has not started yet. can i get the name changed in Birth certificate directly?

2- I still have not recieved by divorce decree. my lawyer is not responding..Can i apply to get copy of my divorce decree myself form the court? or ...whom do i take help from ?

regards,

manisha

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

same is mine case. i also got divorce in april by mutual consent. i have full custody of my 1.5 year old son with no visitation rights to father. Can I give my surname to my son? and do I need to inform about this to his father? is there any legal problem arises if I give him my surname? i want to make birth certificate of my son with his new name. so please tell me. I m very confused about giving him my surname.

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     17 June 2013

As far as my knowledge on this query is, you have to file a petition in the district court for name change along with a copy of your divorce decree. Once you obtain a order changing your name, then a notification of the same in a local newspaper regarding the same would suffice in my opinion.

You can easily apply for a certified copy of your divorce decree in the court.

advocateprashantghai.com

Reformist !!! (Other)     18 June 2013

Yes Manisha Adv Prashant is right.....U can get the surname changed and even you can change the name of the kid with courts permission as there are 2-3 judgements where husband filed a petition to revert back the name of the kid to his old name and he actually won the case.

So i wud suggest you to go with Adv Prashants advice :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register