Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prathapkumar orimpati (Parsonal Assistant)     11 February 2014

My wife's grandfather property?

•  my wife's grandfather property? 
    Hello sir, This is Kumar from AndhraPradesh. i got married in 2004.we are very happy.my father-in-law told told us while our marriage.. he have only one daughter and one son.. "the total property is given by my wife grand father".the total property will shear equally to both son and daughter. recently my brother-in-law got married. Now my father-in-law telling that there is no right to his daughter in the property.please help us. Thanking you sir, Yours faithfully Kumar
  •  

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 February 2014

If it was your wife's grandfather's self acquired property, upon the intestate death of the deceased, his legal heirs will be inheriting the property and it will become their own property in which the next generation siblings do not have any right  or share in the said share of the inheritors.  Suppose it was ancestral property and your wife's father had acquired his share, your wife will be having a share in it to the proportion of 1/3 out of her father's share in the said ancestral property.  Therefore it depends upon the nature of property in the hands of your wife's father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register