LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monita -   16 October 2023

Name prefix issue in sale deed

While filing up registration form for flat by mistake sellers name prefix entered as Mr, instead of Mrs. Same got printed in registered sale deed where buyer and seller put t=signature and thumbprint. How to rectify this issue?

Learning

8 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 October 2023

Does it make any difference to the buyer ? 

It do not think so.

However, if you are so much concerned, get a rectification deed registered through your lawyer.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 October 2023

That is just typo and if the name is written correctly as  xxxxxxxxxxxx daughter of or  xxxxxxxx wife of    etc then why you worry

Monita -   17 October 2023

I am thinking of future, when I will be selling this flat then buyer could point out this mistake and then might be they can ask for negotiations. That time who will explain to others as this is just type which won't affect transaction. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 October 2023

If you really so comcerned just need to make a rectification deed and both buyer and seller should sign the doucment and register that, asn that is not any problem.

Monita -   17 October 2023

Will registered deed also help in online correction for this issue?

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 October 2023

Originally posted by : Monita -

"Will registered deed also help in online correction for this issue?"

Neither facts nor query is clear.

Presumably you are not satisfied with the obligation of experts, hence you should consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records.

Monita -   18 October 2023

Local lawyer who made this mistake in kaveri portal while filing registration details is not willing to rectify this issue using rectification deed. In short my question is, rectification deed is correct and only solution for acknowledging mistake present in sale deed and correct it?

Thanks!

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 October 2023

Of course there is no parellel to rectification deed, which is ultimate to the subject.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register