Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravana (Director)     22 August 2012

Need advise regarding divorce

Good Evening,

I just got married this April under the hindu marriage act and also registered the marriage. After marriage I realized that my wife is a very manipulative woman and a compulsive liar. After the marriage, we spent only two days together and I came back to Canada. Additionally, she was fat before marriage and I asked her to try and do weight loss but she refused flat out. She is not even taking any efforts now because she knows that I am hooked. 

Over the past few months, I have realized that her family and she herself are totally different from what they appeared before the marriage. We talked this past weekend and I broached the topic of separation/divorce because neither of us is happy. He is not staying with my family but working in another city at an MNC. She warned me over the phone that she is considering legal options and from what I understand, they have already taken legal counsel and are taking steps to file something soon based on lies. Her father has already threatened my family and from what we have figured out, they are after money. They are very crude people and in total contrast to what we were shown.

My concern being that my parents are back home and they will get affected. As they are in Uttar Pradesh, there is no anticipatory bail as well.

Now I will apply for divorce from Canada in the next few months and when the time comes, file from India as well. If she agrees, fine. If not, things can get bad.

I have researched and found out that it is being blatantly misused nowadays. I would like some advise and feedback from you guys as to what I can do to safegaurd my parents against 498a and etc. etc.. 

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register