Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijaya (accountant)     30 July 2012

Need help - gift deed

Hi,

I am vijaya from Mumbai. My father made a gift deed on 2005 of our flat in the name of me and my sister. we both are unmarried. That time he was chairman of the society. He applied for the transfership to the secretary, but then secretary and other managing committe convinced my father not to transfer the membership in the name of daughters, so you can work for society. In good-faith my father decided to work as a chairman of the society. In 2009 society made an development agreement with the developer my father signed on it as a chairman. But later on there was some disputer between society and my father so we me and sister went to ask the reason, but managing committe not allowed us to speak a single word saying that you are not the member and my father is so simple he cannot argue on the point. That time we again apply for the membership. But managaing commitee is refusing saying that the gift deed is made on 2005 you cannot apply now and when gift deed is made how could your father worked as chairman and signed on agreement. We are in a state that we not even talk about the illegal redevelopment work.

My query is

1. can they object on transfer of our membership.
2. what are our (donee) rights and father (donor) rights in respect of redevelopment work. Can we take action against soceity about illegal redevelopment work?
3. When gift deed is made on 2005. Is my father;s chairmanship and signature of agreement is valid?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     30 July 2012

Dear Vijaya,

This is Advocate Rohit Dalmia from Mumbai. You have stated the story for a legal opinion but the facts stated by you are not complete. I would like to know the facts in detail before giving any kind of opinion.

You may call on 9324538481 for appointment and come with the document so that i could give you the proper opinion and the action which you can take against the society.

But all these won't be possible online.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register