Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nagarjunkatta (Quality Engineer)     22 November 2011

Need your advice on buying property which has GPA in Banglore

Hi Friends,

I planned to buy a site in bangalore, the owner is in USA and he has given GPA to his dad who is in bangalore. Is there any problem in such a transaction?? Bcoz i heard there is some Supreme Court ban on GPA Sales. I dont know much about this. So i wanted your legal advice to go ahead with the deal or not.

Awaiting your reply!!

Thanks

Nagarjun K.S.

Learning

4 Replies

A.Ravindran (1,00,000)     22 November 2011

Dear Brother,

you can purchase a site in Bangalore from the said GPA holder.  The GPA shall be signed by the principal before the consuler of Indian embassy of that country or it should be duly notarized.  The attested /notarized power of attorney should be reached to the attorney by courier.  The attorney shall submit the said power of attorney and the courier cover to the district Registrar where the property saituate and get adjudicated.  After adjudication he can sell the site to you. Before entering into sale agreement or purchase please confirm that all the title deeds of the property including parent deeds and revenue records of the property are genuine and valid. better consult with a local advocate at bangalore and proceed.  

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     22 November 2011

Rightly advised by Mr.A.Ravindran.

The decision is on 2011 STPL(Web) 879 SC 1

Suraj Lamp & Industries Pvt. Ltd. Vs. State of Haryana

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 November 2011

Dear Ravindran,

Pl clarify my doubt- If there is no money consideration between the  seller and buyer, can the sale be considered a valid sale..?

Thanks in advance

nagarjunkatta (Quality Engineer)     23 November 2011

Thanks sir :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register