Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Snehal s88 (Associate)     07 December 2015

Non occupancy charges & parking charge on sub letting flat

Dear Experts,

By now I have read that in Maharashtra (Mumbai), non-occupancy charges on sub-letting flats is maximum 10% of the society service charges/ maintainance charges excluding statutory charges (such as water + property tax). My question is what all can be included in service charges/ maintainance charges? 

The reason I ask above is that our society has imposed differential parking charges for owners and licensees. Resident owners pay 300 per car whereas if the flat is let out and the licensee parks his car, then the owner is charged Rs. 3000/- Further 10% NOC charges are levied on top of that, so it becomes 3300/-. 

My two questions

1. Can Parking charges be included in service charges/ maintainance and non-occupancy charges of 10% be levied on this parking charges amount as well? 

2. Legally, can society have differential parking charges for resident owners and licensees? 

In case, its inappropriate for society to do so, what is the redressal mechanism? Society managing committee members are arrogant and un-approachable. Is it recommended to complaint to govt machinery or court for justice or will that be a waste of time? 

Thanks. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register