Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhay kadam   06 January 2017

Npa tag continues after assets taken over by a arc

Hi, I need a clarification on my following query- My Company was categorized as an NPA loan and assets were transferred to an ARC. My loan is now no longer existing in the books of the bank. My classification as an NPA is still appearing in my company's cibil record. Is it correct? if not whom should I approach to remove this tag ?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 January 2017

Your borrowings were never waived or written off.  You continue to be a a defaulter with CIBIL as long as your borrowings remains unpaid.  Accounting process as per prudential norms are not written off or waivers.  You can file RTI Application to CPIO of the Bank and get official confirmation.  There is no format of application and you can seek information in the form of a letter, accompanied with postal order of Rs.10/fvg Bank.  Search website of the Bank for more RTI rules and regulations and seek information as follows:

Application dt.6th Jan,2017 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before: CPIO......................Bank,.......................

RTI fee: Rs.10/- postal order in favour of the Bank.

Applicant:.......(Individual name only and name of the company in address as citizens are only entitled to seek information under RTI Act.

Brief facts: ................Company was categorized as an NPA loan and assets were transferred to an ARC. Loan is now no longer existing in the books of the bank. but  classification as an NPA is still appearing in my company's cibil record. Company was categorized as an NPA loan and assets were transferred to an ARC. My loan is now no longer existing in the books of the bank.

Information solicited: 1)Please inform specific reasons on record for continuing the account as defaulter in CIBIL

2)Please provide the procedure for gettting the name of company deleted from defaulters list from CIBIL

3)Please provide the Name of the concerned official, mobile no, desigantion and full address with whom applicant can seek further clarification if any required in this regard.

Applicant.

Send the application accompanied by postal order through registered post to CPIO.

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     06 January 2017

Your laon is not waived , it is only transferred to ARC.  They will start legal process to recover.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     06 January 2017

I concur with the views already expressed that since your loan was not waived but merely transferred to another agency, your tag as NPA cannot be removed.  Even if you clear the entire dues not, the rating with CIBIL will have the details of your repayment after its becoming NPA and legal proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register