LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nayana (none)     29 March 2013

Ownership of house

I wish to have guidance on few queries of mine from the respected members here.

I am Nayana from Pune . My husband and I had booked a flat which was under construction. The alottment letter carries both our names and it is the time for registry now siince the flat is ready for possession.

We are going through a bitter phase in our married life. He had wanted separation from me since a long time as he wanted to get married to someone else.  At that time I had asked him to provide me and my son at least a permanent house where we can take shelter and have some property in our name. But I always tried to give the marriage another chance and became emotional and booked the flat in joint names. The loan is on his and my name. I since then have been trying to make things work but the bad treatment on his part continues.

My question to you is that if he provides a mail or a letter stating that the registry be made in my wife's name would that be ok legally to register the house in my name or what else is the procedure?

Pls guide.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 April 2013

it is not ok.  he must execute a release dee relinquishing his right in your favour or a gift (settlement) deed for his 1/2 share in your favour. feel free to contact me on 09490929460

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register