LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivam (System Admin)     20 January 2012

Pagadi system property owner / tenants dispute

We are 3 brothers distribute the ancestral property in Chawl / Part A, B and C which is in Mumbai. Each part comprises around 20 small one rooms. I am the owner of the Chawl / Part B which comprises 20 pagadi System rooms allocated to multiple tenant. In the year 1993 because of property Tax increase, accordingly we also trying to increase the rent i.e. from Rs.40 to Rs.50. But all the tenants opposing and stop giving rent. Year after year few tenants are start giving rent but at rate of 1993. But now the property tax was increased around 3 times from 1993 to 2011. So calculated rent is around 40x3=Rs.120. But still they are paid us around Rs.40, Rs.64. out of 20 Tenants 8 Tenants sold their Room/Pagadi to New Tenants. We also increased rent to Rs.150 for new Tenants.  Now all the old / new tenants are ready to pay the increased rent, Because chawl condition is very poor and they all demanding us to repair the chawl. We discuss with builder for this repair they told me its cost around 5 lakhs for repair the whole chawl. So it is not possible for me to repair it, Because i am not earned that much money from my property and we are in loss even if we have huge property. Now the new tenants were forcing us to repair the chawl because they paid there rent regularly. The chawl condition is also very poor. So my Question is Q1] If chawl or some part of chawl is fall down, if tenants injured or even dead who is responsible for all this? Q2] Who is responsible to repair the chawl in this condition? Q3] How to calculate the rent so that I can able to maintain and repair the chawl? Q4] How I can forced them to pay all the increased rent and penalty till now?   

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register