LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taufiq Khot   12 June 2021

peek pahani process for agriculture land

Good afternoon. Hope you are doing well.

I need your guidance for peek pahani process.

Since I am cultivating rice every year in my 36 Guntee agriculture land in raigad Maharashtra  Which is under dispute for 12 Guntee. 12 Guntee is under cousin name on 7/12 but it's under my custody from 1975.

My concern were

1. How many years i need to file peek pahani to thesildar to show total 36 Guntee land is in my custody.

2. If thesildar approves peek pahani what is further process to get my name mutated on 7/12 for remaining 12 guntee. 

Please advise.

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 June 2021

As long as you cultivate your agriculture land it will show in peek pahani app. farmers can upload images of their crop using the application and after verification of the same, talathis can register the details on 7/12 extract.

Taufiq Khot   12 June 2021

Dear Rama charya sir,

Thanks for valuable information. Talathi and thesildar has mutated my name in peek pahani last year. How many years more i have to repeat the peek pahani process. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 June 2021

What is "peek pahani" term used in the facts ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 June 2021

When the relative rights are in dispute, subsequent entries in the revenue records cannot be of much consequence.

Taufiq Khot   13 June 2021

Dear Venu sir

Please advise alternative way how I can claim my land 12 Guntee which is under dispute. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2021

Even though the property is under your possession and enjoyment for more than three decades, it is not known that when the original owner has filed the suit against you to eject you from the property.

The revenue records are not title documents.

Pahani is a revenue record that contains all the details of a land . It contains valuable data of land such as details of owner, cultivator, survey number, khata number, total land under pahani, land revenue details, etc. It is also called as "Patta"

Peek pahani means the crop or cultivation records of the agricultural land cultivated by the farmer/owner.

A p[eek phani year is for 12 months of  agricultural activities.

For claiming the title by adverse possession the  evidences of peek pahani will play a pivotal role to prove the possession and enjoyment.of the property.

However since the property is under dispute, you may have to look for other documentary evidences to prove your continuous possession of the property for more than 12 years in order to claim title by adverse possession.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 June 2021

You have posted many a query on this issue. However, you are yet to post complete facts. Please post complete facts how your cousin name happens to be in the 7/12 records. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register