LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M Singh (Asst. Manager)     16 May 2013

Penalty for violation of one way restriction u/s 115/194.

Dear Sir,

I am staying in Kolkata, last week when I was riding my bike I was stopped by traffic sergeant for violation of one way restriction u/s 115/194. He handed over a Challan mentioning that I will have to appear before the court within 15 days to get my Registration Certificate and Insurance Certificate back which was seized by him. However, Challan doesn't include how much penalty is imposed over me.

When I went to the specified court the clerk at the desk told me that document will be returned only if I come though advocate. Some people there told me that penalty will be around Rs. 150.00 and some told it will be around Rs. 2000.00. I can't understand when I was ready to pay spot fine then what was the reason for creating so much complication for me.

I would like to add that i) there were no indications that entry is restricted  ii) no police guards were there to aware the people that the area is under one way restriction. I felt that I was unnecessarily imposed heavy penalty and it seems like that Traffic Police was there just to harass people rather than helping them.

Please suggest how I can get my Registration Certificate and Insurance Certificate back and how much penalty I will have to pay for violation of one way restriction u/s 115/194.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register