Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kvkc@2021#   22 December 2021

Place of will registration and validity across states

Hi Sir,

I bought flat with my mothers name and my name jointly in bangalore, however neither of us staying there and my mother resides in Andhra. Now she wants to write a will for the half share of the flat that she owns in her name. 1)if she registers will in andhra for bangalore property is it valid in bangalore or any additional process will be there when compared to will registered in bangalore.

Learning

7 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 December 2021

It is not essential that will should be execute where property situates ,it can be execute where testator resides permanently, temporarily or casually.

Kvkc@2021#   22 December 2021

Thank you for the response sir, process of execution of the will, remain the same even if registered in bangalore or andhra ? transfer of title deed required when there is a will ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 December 2021

You are entitled only to half share after her death only as per will.  If you are already having half share and half share in her name, then it is proper for her to register a gift deed or relinquishment deed for mutation of the property and give you a legally valid title deed.  Contact a local advocate as you are not presenting relevant facts with more clarity.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 December 2021

Yes, a gift or settlement deed is a better option. However, executing a Will is also a prudent option. It is not necessary that a Will be registered.

Kawmini Liyanage   23 December 2021

Greetings!

In order to answer your query, the Last Will can be executed in any jurisdiction. It does not have limitations depending on where the property is located.

Regards,

Kawmini Liyanage

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 December 2021

It can be executed / registered anywhere in world.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     24 December 2021

Will need not necessarily be executed where the place of property/ties is/are situated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register