LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aarti (na)     30 March 2012

Police holding up police verification report for passport

I had applied for divorce, custody of my child and maintenance in civil courts last year. After that my in-laws made up some false police complaints in collusion with police guys in their town. They also filed some false cases in the court in their town. I am still challenging those false complaints and cases in the court.

Recently, I applied for renewal of my passport. For passport application, I had to get an affidavit from court that I am separated. Through some people in the court the information got passed to my in-laws. My passport application was going very well. The police verification was completed and the application was approved. However, before the passport could be despatched, the status of the application changed back to application under review status. A few days later, I received a letter from the passport office asking for more information. I went to the passport office to find out what was happening. They said that they had received a fax from the passport office in the town in which my in-laws live. The fax said that there were cases against me. I explained to the passport authorities that they are all civil cases and that there is no criminal case. I also tried to explain to them that they are false cases. The passport office asked for additional affidavits declaring that all information I had provided was correct. I gave them the required affidavits. The passport office sent the application to police for re-verification. After that the status of the my application has been something like ‘Police verification completed. Passport will be issued after clear police verification report is received’. It has been in that status for the last many weeks.

I have checked with my local police station if the report was pending with them. They had sent the police verification report quite a long time ago. It was based on their report that my application had been earlier approved. My suspicion is that for re-verification, the passport office has sent the application to the police station in which my in-laws live. The police guys in this station are all bribed up. It seems that they are holding the report.

I think passport cannot be denied because of civil cases (albeit false). What are the options available to me to obtain my passport ? Can the police complaints (albeit false) become an obstacle to my getting my passport ? What should I do ?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register