Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     05 August 2024

Possible mala fide activity by apollo online pharmacy

Bear with me as this a long post.

In brief, Apollo had accepted my first prescripttion the first time and sent the medicines. Subsequently, Apollo claimed that the prescripttion was invalid for various reasons.

Tata 1mg has been accepting the prescripttion (for my daughter) from the same doctor in the same format for around three years.

Why did Tata 1mg first accept my prescripttion and take the order, but cancel the order the next day saying the prescripttion was invalid?

I suspect that Apollo influenced Tata 1mg.

I have suffered and would like to initiate legal proceedings, or at least go to a consumer court.

For that, I need to know what grounds I can use: negligence, harassment, collusion, conspiracy, etc.

The detailed version is below.

My daughter has been using the phone-based consultation of a doctor for 3 years.

The appointment is made via the internet, and the consultation is done over the phone.

After the consultation over phone, the doctor sends a prescripttion via Whatsapp.

Tata 1mg has been accepting the prescripttion this doctor without ever raising any doubts.

I have preferred to use local on-site consultation, but I am getting older, so my daughter suggested I use telephonic consultation with her doctor.

I had my first consultation with the doctor on 16 June 2024.

My daughter used to order her medicines from Tata 1mg, but I did an internet search and found that Apollo online pharmacy was offering a large number of medicines at better prices.

So I told my daughter to order my medicines from Apollo.

My daughter placed the order on Apollo on 17 June 2024.

Apollo did not raise any problems with the prescripttion and I received my medicines.

When my daughter tried to order my medicines again on 14 July 2024 using the same prescripttion.

This time Apollo refused to accept the prescripttion, saying the prescripttion had been edited.

When asked to clarify, Apollo said that the number of tablets was in a larger font.

My daughter responded that the number of tablets was always in a larger font in this doctor’s prescripttion, and that Apollo had accepted the same prescripttion on 17 June 2024.

Apollo continued to insist that the prescripttion was edited.

I raised this issue with Apollo on their Facebook page.

Apollo asked for my email ID and phone number. I sent my email ID via Messenger, but refused to give my mobile number.

My daughter tried again to place the order on Apollo but they kept insisting the prescripttion was invalid for various different reasons.

On 20 July 2024, I again had a telephonic consultation with the doctor, and I told him that the larger font size for the number of tablets was causing a problem. The doctor prescribed a different medicine.

However, the doctor used the same format and font size in the new prescripttion.

When my daughter tried to place an order for me on Apollo on 21 July 2024, again Apollo claimed that the prescripttion was invalid.

It seems that Apollo had blacklisted me.

Instead of arguing with the Apollo people, my daughter placed the order on Tata 1mg (that had been accepting this doctor’s prescripttion for around three years).

Tata 1mg accepted the order on 21 July 2024.

I messaged Apollo on 21 July 2024 that I had told my daughter to wait until the problem was resolved, but my daughter had placed the daughter on another renowned online pharmacy (I did not give the name Tata 1mg).

On the next day, 22 July 2024, my daughter received a notification that the order was cancelled as the prescripttion was invalid.

Keep in mind that Tata 1mg had never before had a problem with the prescripttion of that doctor and had been accepting orders from my daughter.

I strongly suspect that Apollo had somehow influenced Tata 1mg.

I asked Apollo (on Facebook) to clarify why my prescripttion had not been accepted.

I also told Apollo that if they had influenced Tata 1mg in any manner, I would initiate legal proceedings.

Apollo asked for details of all orders that my daughter had placed for me on Apollo.

I sent the order numbers on Monday, 29 July 2024, but now Apollo has gone silent.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 August 2024

There's no illegality in the pharma company rejecting the orders for medicine if they suspect the genuineness of the prescripttion.

You have to look for some other pharma company instead of going behind the same one.

There's no deficiency in service because this is a matter of medicine hence they cannot undertake any risk in this.

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     05 August 2024

You have not read my post fully.

At least, you have not understood what I have written.

You don't know enough English.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2024

It is not necessary to read the post running in pages,  though I read them fully,  unless I wouldn't have been able to give a reply. 

If you think that I don't know English why don't you teach me?

Instead of admitting your side fault,  you appear to push your claim by hook or crook. 

As a matter of fact,  you appear to indulge in an illegal act by forcing the vendor to oblige your illegal demands. 

I don't have any reason to explain you all these,  you are more prudent to understand everything better than everyone but you are testing the knowledge and skill of various experts of this forum by such posts.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2024

Is always safe and dependable to purchase medicines from duly established medical shops. On line purchase of medicines has its own limitations.

Remedy in the given facts is beyond the Consumer forums.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register