LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachinMALHOTRA (excutive)     27 May 2013

Property despute

my father buy a property in 1973 in the name of my grandmother before marriage, G.P.A. registered with a Sub-registrar office in Delhi. but G.P.A. had signed by my father, no signature & thumb impression of my grand mother on G.P.A. now my father & my grand mother is died in 2011. now my father's brothers (other sons of my grandmother) ask for their share in this property pl advice..

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     27 May 2013

Is the property is standing in the name of your grandmother i.e. registered in her name? If yes, as per the given limited facts, the other children of your grandmother can also claim share in the said property.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     27 May 2013

no matter who bought property in your grandmothers name ,the property registered and in name of your grand mother will go equally to her legal heirs.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 May 2013

the children of grand mothr  have equal right if there is no will, but if there is a will than they  can not fight it, 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     27 May 2013

The querry is not clear whether GPA was registered or sale deed was executed in favour of grandmother.  By the above I can understand that your father had executed only registered GPA, by which no title will pass to your grand mother.  Moreover, since both the executant and the GPA holders are died, the GPA will become infructuous.  

Thus, the property will again comes to the legal heirs of your father. come with full facts of hte case. 

kosigi rama murthy (self employed)     27 May 2013

Since the property is registered in the name of your Grand mother all her legal heirs are entitled to the property in the absence of any specific will.    Who represented her for registration or who has paid for the property is not the criteria.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register